Answered By: Bobray Bordelon Last Updated: Apr 11, 2017 Views: 43
Answered By: Bobray Bordelon
Last Updated: Apr 11, 2017 Views: 43
- American Bankruptcy Institute has quarterly filings by state back to May 2012
- Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts provides bankruptcy statistics.
- The Bankruptcy yearbook and almanac. Current print volume in Firestone Trustee Reading Room (DR), call number KF1507.5.B36. 2014+ available online
- UCLA-LoPucki Bankruptcy Research Database (BRD) is maintained by UCLA law professor Lynn LoPucki. It has information on US bankruptcies of large publicly-traded companies since October 1979.
- Business Failures by Industry in the United States, 1895 to 1940: A Statistical History.
- SDC Corporate Restructurings in Firestone (1st Floor).
- BankruptcyData.com. A division of New Generation Research, publisher of the annual Bankruptcy Yearbook and Almanac. The website allows free searching of publicly traded companies and selected private companies who have filed for bankruptcy since 1986.
- Insolvenzen in Europa from Creditreform maintains bankruptcy statistics for Europe back to 2000.
- Bloomberg in Firestone (A Floor - RIS Suite).
- Type CACT and hit Go.
- Tab to Corporate Action Type.
- Select Bankruptcy Filing .
- PACER is the Federal Judiciary's centralized registration, billing, and technical support center for electronic access to U.S. District, Bankruptcy, and Appellate court records. Registration is required and one has to pay per page retrieved.
- United States Department of Justice: Bankruptcy Data & Statistics - state charts back to 1994 are located in "Bankruptcy Statistics" section
- United States Bankruptcy Statistics by District, 1899-2007
Provides yearly bankruptcy statistics at the federal district court level spanning fiscal years 1899-2007. The data were originally published in the Annual Reports of the Attorney General of the United States (1899-1939) and the Annual Reports of the Director of the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts (1940-2007). These publications reported different variables in different years; all reported statistics are included here. Separate series are provided for statistics under the Bankruptcy Act (pre FY1980) and the Bankruptcy Code (FY1980-FY2007) because some aspects of the two laws make certain variables (e.g. cases filed) non-comparable.
Chat with a Librarian
Text a Librarian
Text (609) 277-3245 to get live help on your mobile phone (available the same hours as the Chat service)
Email a Librarian
Call a Librarian
Call (609) 258-5964 to speak to a reference librarian during most open hours of the Libraries.