Answered By: Bobray Bordelon Last Updated: Mar 14, 2017 Views: 53
- World Air Transport Statistics, 2006+, is perhaps the best source
- Includes statistics for traffic, capacity, employees, and aircraft fleets.
- Current print edition, 1957+, in Firestone Data and Statistical Services, older editions in Firestone stacks, call number HE9911.W87
- Includes statistics on demand for air transport, supply of air transport, performance of the airline industry, and airline rankings.
- Passport - from the Industries tab, select Travel. Use the Search Tree to refine your search.
- Standard & Poor's Industry Surveys, part of S&P NetAdvantage, for industry overviews
- Click on Industry Surveys and then Airlines.
- U.S. Bureau of Transportation Statistics has detailed data.
- Bloomberg in Firestone (A Floor - RIS Suite) has some airline specific data.
- Once you have identified tickers, you can look at industry specific data through the API Function.
- FAA Aviation/Aerospace Forecasts
- 1988-1999 FAA Aviation Forecasts in Print: ReCAP call number TD 4.57/2:
- 2010-2030 to 2016-2036 FAA Aerospace Forecasts available electronically
- 1937+ annual report from the Air Transport Association (now called Airlines for America - A4A)
Print holdings (note title changes) at call number HE9911 .A26 (ReCAP):
- 2003-2010: Economic report : a review of the U.S. airline industry
- 1997-2002: Annual report. air transport association of America.
- 1971-1996 (lacks 1973, 1975-1976, 1991): Air transport
- 1966-1970 (lacks 1968): Air transport facts & figures
- 1960-1964 (lacks 1961, 1963): Facts and figures about air transportation (1960-1964 bound with 1957 of earlier title)
- 1947/48-1957 (lacks 1949-1952, 1958-1959): Air transport facts & figures (1957 bound with 1960-1964 of later title)
- 1945-1946: Air transportation
- 1942-1944: Little known facts about the scheduled air transport industry
(Also, search Google to find electronic versions of some of these reports.)
- Also see Aerospace Industry Report: Facts, Figures & Outlook for the Aviation and Aerospace Manufacturing Industry. 2011+. TL501 .A37 (Current edition in DSS and Engineering Library Ready Reference; older in Engineering Library).
- Continues Aerospace Facts and Figures: (Firestone) HE9911 .A957 (1945, 1953, 1955-1959,1960-1961, 1963, 1965-1966, 1979, 1982-2009).
Chat with a Librarian
Text a Librarian
Text (609) 277-3245 to get live help on your mobile phone (available the same hours as the Chat service)
Email a Librarian
Call a Librarian
Call (609) 258-5964 to speak to a reference librarian during most open hours of the Libraries.