Answered By: Bobray Bordelon Last Updated: Jul 18, 2016 Views: 20
- For sources of survey data, see International smoking statistics: a collection of historical data from 30 economically developed countries (2002) and International smoking statistics : a collection of historical data from 22 economically developed countries (1993) (Firestone HV5732 .I58 1993)
- For information on cigarette taxes, there is no one international source for over time. Instead one has to go to many periodic reports and even then will only get snapshots.
- Start with the WHO Report on the Global Tobacco Epidemic
- Tobacco Atlas.
- World Bank Economics of Tobacco Toolkit.
- Also see the Tobacco Industry Web Archive (UCSF)
- For tax collections from tobacco
For information on litigation, advertising, and general statistics on cigarettes and tobacco, see these web sites:
- Tobacco Information and Prevention Source (CDC)
- State Tobacco Activites Tracking and Evaluation Data
- AgEcon Search (research in agricultural and applied economics)
- Tobacco Litigation
- Tobacco Fact File database sponsored by Tobacco Control Resource Center
- World Health Organization/Tobacco Free Initiative
- Tobacco News and Information Clearing House
- European Tobacco Control Report (2007)
- Legacy Tobacco Documents Library 7 million documents related to sales, marketing, advertising, etc.
Chat with a Librarian
Text a Librarian
Text (609) 277-3245 to get live help on your mobile phone (available the same hours as the Chat service)
Email a Librarian
Call a Librarian
Call (609) 258-5964 to speak to a reference librarian during most open hours of the Libraries.