Answered By: Jeremy Darrington Last Updated: Jul 20, 2015 Views: 22
- Library of Congress American Memory Collection - contains several hundred early motion pictures that can be viewed online and ordered
- Digital Public Library of America - search for a specific television program or radio broadcast or:
- for radio broadcasts, enter "radio" in the search box and filter results by Format: sound
- for television programs, enter "television" in the search box and filter results by Format: moving image
- Internet Archive - search for a specific television program or radio broadcast or view the collections in the Radio Programs or Television category
- The Paley Center for Media (Previously known as The Museum of Television & Radio)
The Paley Center's permanent media collection contains nearly 150,000 television and radio programs and advertisements, available both in New York and Los Angeles.
The online database offers synopses, along with production credits for the programs.
"To inquire about specific programs, contact our reference librarians: In New York: Wednesdays to Fridays, 5:00 to 5:30 pm (ET) only, call 212.621.6600, press "0" to speak to an operator, and ask for the library. In Los Angeles: Wednesdays to Sundays, noon to 5:00 pm (PT) only, call 310.786.1091, or email email@example.com."
- Television Archive - "The Television Archive is a 501(c)(3) public nonprofit that was founded to build a 'television library,' with the purpose of offering permanent access for researchers, historians, and scholars to historical collections that exist in digital format."
- UCLA Film & Television Archive - "With over 300,000 films and television programs, and 27 million feet of newsreel footage, the UCLA Film & Television Archive is the world's largest university-held collection of motion pictures and broadcast programming."
Princeton University Library Research Guides:
Chat with a Librarian
Text a Librarian
Text (609) 277-3245 to get live help on your mobile phone (available the same hours as the Chat service)
Email a Librarian
Call a Librarian
Call (609) 258-5964 to speak to a reference librarian during most open hours of the Libraries.