Answered By: Bobray Bordelon Last Updated: May 03, 2018 Views: 47
- For the United States, use the Bank portion of Compustat available through Wharton Research Data Service (WRDS). A video showing how to do a simple retrieval is here. Note that a WRDS account (available to currently-affiliated Princeton researchers) is required.
- For Call Reports from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) go to WRDS.
SNL Financial Institutions (FIG). Available through WRDS.** USA data is back to 1981. International back coverage goes back to at least 2010 with many of the significant institutions in Europe dating to 2005 and Asia-Pacific to 2008.
- Bankscope. 1980-2016. Product ceased. Detailed international banking data.
- For overviews of the banking industry:
- To find banking institutions and subsidiaries, identify banking markets, and perform a "what if" (pro forma) HHI analysis, use Cassidi, the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis banking structure analysis website.
Chat with a Librarian
Text a Librarian
Text (609) 277-3245 to get live help on your mobile phone (available the same hours as the Chat service)
Email a Librarian
Call a Librarian
Call (609) 258-5964 to speak to a reference librarian during most open hours of the Libraries.