Answered By: Barbara Coffey Last Updated: Sep 20, 2019 Views: 74
IPO stands for Initial Public Offering. This is when a company offer its shares to the public market. Companies register with the SEC in advance of going public. A company files an S-1 with the SEC in advance of going public. S-1s include the company’s business, management, financials, industry and risks.
- SEC site for specific company S-1s
- Thomson One (SDC) in Firestone has data under “Deals & League Tables” – Equity
- Bloomberg – under Corporate Actions (CACT) or IPO <go>
- Professor Ritter of University of Florida’s IPO data page https://site.warrington.ufl.edu/ritter/ipo-data/
- Also see the IPO section of the Finance Guide.
Chat with a Librarian
Text a Librarian
Text (609) 277-3245 to get live help on your mobile phone (available the same hours as the Chat service)
Email a Librarian
Call a Librarian
Call (609) 258-5964 to speak to a reference librarian during most open hours of the Libraries.