Answered By: Barbara Coffey Last Updated: Sep 24, 2019 Views: 18
For bank data including failures the FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Company) website has a wealth of information. https://www.fdic.gov/open/datatools.html - this site has links to the many data resources the FDIC has.
In WRDS, there is a Bank Regulatory module. In the Merger Information, there is a "Reason for Termination of Nonsurviving Entity" variable. A "4" is a failure but the bank continues to exist and a "5" is a failure and the bank does not continue to exist.
For bank mergers
- SDC database (level A Firestone)
- WRDS Bank Regulatory module
- Click "Screening Analysis," then "Deals League Tables"
- Available in Firestone (A Floor - RIS Suite) can also be used to retrieve bank merger data.
- Choose Bank Regulatory and then Merger Information
Chat with a Librarian
Text a Librarian
Text (609) 277-3245 to get live help on your mobile phone (available the same hours as the Chat service)
Email a Librarian
Call a Librarian
Call (609) 258-5964 to speak to a reference librarian during most open hours of the Libraries.