Answered By: Barbara Coffey Last Updated: Sep 25, 2019 Views: 24
Liquidation occurs when a company can not pay its bills and sells assets to attempt to pay back creditors.
Compustat, which is available through WRDS, lists S&P Quality Ranking (Mnemonic - SPCSRM) as 99 for liquidations.
- CRSP, which is available through WRDS a delisting code as 400-499 for liquidations.
- Note: the company would have to be delisted to be included.
- SDC's Mergers and Acquisitions Database which is available in Firestone (A Floor - RIS Suite) has a liquidation flag.
- To be included the liquidated company has to be acquired.
- Thomson One Banker
- Click on deals.
- Click on Advanced Search.
- Click on All Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Click on Continue.
- Click on Find Search item.
- Under search criteria, type in Liquidation.
- Click on Liquidation Flag.
- Click on Select Search Item.
- Click on Select All Liquidations.
- Apply to search.
- Click on Execute Search.
Chat with a Librarian
Text a Librarian
Text (609) 277-3245 to get live help on your mobile phone (available the same hours as the Chat service)
Email a Librarian
Call a Librarian
Call (609) 258-5964 to speak to a reference librarian during most open hours of the Libraries.