Answered By: Bobray Bordelon Last Updated: Aug 13, 2018 Views: 779
- Global Financial Data
- Time series of black market exchange rates for about 50 countries.
- Click the "GFD Search Engines" button.
- In the left-side column, under "Series Type," choose "Exchange Rates - Black Market" from the drop-down menu.
Gramacy, R., Malone, S. W., & Horst, E. T. (2014). Exchange rate fundamentals, forecasting, and speculation: Bayesian models in black markets. Journal of Applied Econometrics, 29(1), 22-41. This research uses a dataset on black market rates, including determinants, and contains the official rate for constructing the black market premium. Coverage varies by nation, and appears to range from 1963 to 2009.
- Also see Exchange Rates (Official and Parallel) - Carmen M. Reinhart - Harvard University.
- For Egypt, the Daily News features regular stories on the black market.
- For Iran, see the Central Bank of Iran's Time Series Database.
- Choose the category External Sector
- then "Value of Financial Assets (Exchange Rate & Coin Price"
- then exchange rates
- under both US Dollar and Euro, you will find "Non-official Rate".
- For Iran, daily reporting back to 2012 can be found at http://www.bonbast.com/archive. Can also be found in Datastream using the mnemonic IAXRUSDPR
- For North Korea, see DailyNK.com.
- For Venezuela, see dolartoday.com. Can also be found in Datastream using the mnemonic VENPRU$
Chat with a Librarian
Text a Librarian
Text (609) 277-3245 to get live help on your mobile phone (available the same hours as the Chat service)
Email a Librarian
Call a Librarian
Call (609) 258-5964 to speak to a reference librarian during most open hours of the Libraries.