Answered By: Bobray Bordelon Last Updated: Aug 31, 2017 Views: 188
Answered By: Bobray Bordelon
Last Updated: Aug 31, 2017 Views: 188
- World Income Inequality Database
- From United Nations University's World Institute for Development Economics Research
- Provides various measures of income inequality for 175 countries or areas in some cases dating back to pre-1960.
- See Global and Regional Gini Coefficients from Darvas, Zsolt (2016) ‘Some are more equal than others: new estimates of global and regional inequality’, Working Paper 2016/08, Bruegel, 7 November 2016
- All The Ginis 1950-2012
- There are about 4100 Gini values, out of which 2043 are consistent Ginis from 164 countries and covering the period from 1950 to 2012.
- Combined Gini data from Luxembourg Income Study (suffix LIS), Socio-Economic Database for Latin America (suffix SEDLAC), World Income Distribution (suffix WYD; the full data set is available, World Bank Europe and Central Asia (suffix EE) and WIDER (suffix W) databases; with their key dummies (net/gross, income/expenditure, household/individual).
- Gini Index (World Bank estimate)
- Lists the latest Gini coefficients and those for previous points in time.
- See the Chartbook of Economic Inequality. Presents the empirical evidence about long-run changes in economic inequality. The chartbook covers 25 countries – often over the course of more than one hundred years. For each country a chart shows how different dimensions of economic inequality have changed over time.
- World Development Report
- Print volumes in Firestone stacks, call nmber HC59.7 .W6
- Human Development Report
- Print volumes in Firstone Trustee Reading Room and Stokes Library, call number HD72 .H85
- Also consult the regional Human Development Reports.
- Measuring Income Inequality Database
- For a historical dataset covering 1890-1996.
- Note may contain the few numbers existing prior to the 1940s.
- University of Texas Inequality Project
- Concerned with measuring and explaining movements of inequality in wages and earnings and patterns of industrial change around the world.
- National and regional inequality data for Argentina, Brazil, China, Cuba, Europe, India, Russia, and the United States. National and industrial inequality data for Taiwan and Turkey.
- State, economy, and society in Western Europe, 1815-1975
- For historical European figures.
- Located in Firestone Trustee Reading Room, call number HA1107.F46.
- Handbook of Income Distribution
- Luxembourg Income Study Key Figures
- Provides summary level national statistics as well as gender inequality statistics.
- For the subnational United States data also see the FAQ on income inequality.
Chat with a Librarian
Text a Librarian
Text (609) 277-3245 to get live help on your mobile phone (available the same hours as the Chat service)
Email a Librarian
Call a Librarian
Call (609) 258-5964 to speak to a reference librarian during most open hours of the Libraries.