Answered By: Bobray Bordelon Last Updated: Mar 16, 2017 Views: 34
Answered By: Bobray Bordelon
Last Updated: Mar 16, 2017 Views: 34
- Bloomberg in Firestone (A Floor - RIS Suite)
- Enter the company ticker symbol, hit the yellow Equity key.
- Go to Historical Prices, and then Short Interest.
- Note that Bloomberg has some numbers for non-US public companies, e.g. short interest is available in Bloomberg for public companies from Australia, Canada, and Hong Kong.
- For US companies, data appear to be bi-weekly back to Jan 2007 and monthly before that.
- Compustat North America in WRDS.
- Choose "Security Monthly."
- Data are bi-weekly back to Jan 2007 and monthly before that, back to 1973.
- Monthly short interest by company is available back to mid-2003.
- NYSE Short Sales are available in in WRDS from January 2005 - July 6, 2007.
- NYSE Short Sales are available locally from July 2007 .
Chat with a Librarian
Text a Librarian
Text (609) 277-3245 to get live help on your mobile phone (available the same hours as the Chat service)
Email a Librarian
Call a Librarian
Call (609) 258-5964 to speak to a reference librarian during most open hours of the Libraries.