Answered By: Bobray Bordelon Last Updated: May 19, 2020 Views: 73
- For sources of survey data, see International smoking statistics: a collection of historical data from 30 economically developed countries (2002) and International smoking statistics : a collection of historical data from 22 economically developed countries (1993) (Firestone HV5732 .I58 1993)
- For major surveys see Smoking and Tobacco Use. Surveys (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- See the Global Tobacco Surveillance System Data (GTSSData).
- For information on cigarette taxes, there is no one international source for over time. Instead one has to go to many periodic reports and even then will only get snapshots.
- Start with the WHO Report on the Global Tobacco Epidemic
- Tobacco Atlas.
- 6th edition.
- 5th edition; Firestone Trustees Reading Room, call number G1046.J94 M3 2015
- 4th edition in RECAP, call number G1046.J94 E75 2012.
- 3rd edition in RECAP, call number G1046.J94 T6 2009q.
- 2nd edition in RECAP, call number HV5732.M33 2006.
- 1st edition in Firestone stacks, call number HV5732 .M33 2002
- World Bank Economics of Tobacco Toolkit.
- Also see the Tobacco Industry Web Archive (UCSF)
- For tax collections from tobacco
For information on litigation, advertising, and general statistics on cigarettes and tobacco, see these web sites:
- African Cigarette Prices 2016-2019
AgEcon Search (research in agricultural and applied economics)
- European Tobacco Control Report (2007)
- Health New Zealand Database on Tobacco Consumption and its determinants in 23 OECD Countries, 1960-2000 (Princeton only)
- Legacy Tobacco Documents Library 14 million documents related to sales, marketing, advertising, etc.
- State Tobacco Activities Tracking and Evaluation Data
- Surgeon General's Report/2004
- Tobacco Fact File database sponsored by Tobacco Control Resource Center
- Tobacco Information and Prevention Source (CDC)
- Tobacco Litigation
- Tobacco News and Information Clearing House
- U.K. Tobacco and Advertising Documents (like Legacy, but for British manufacturers)
- U.S. Dept. of Treasury, Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
- World Health Organization/Tobacco Free Initiative
Chat with a Librarian
Text a Librarian
Text (609) 277-3245 to get live help on your mobile phone (available the same hours as the Chat service)
Email a Librarian
Call a Librarian
Call (609) 258-5964 to speak to a reference librarian during most open hours of the Libraries.