Answered By: Bobray Bordelon Last Updated: Apr 11, 2017 Views: 36
Answered By: Bobray Bordelon
Last Updated: Apr 11, 2017 Views: 36
- For data, use MSCI ESG KLD STATS (available through WRDS).
- Includes company rankings on investment involving social issues regarding the environment, gay and lesbian policies, community, charitable giving, corporate governance, diversity, employee relations, human rights issues in specific nations, products, alcohol, firearms, gambling, military involvement, and tobacco.
- The FTSE4Good Index Series "Measures performance of companies that meet globally recognized corporate responsibility standards"
- Dow Jones Sustainability Indices
- Bloomberg, available on A Floor of Firestone Library (RIS Suite), collects data on Environmental, Social, and Governance Factors (what Bloomberg refers to as ESG).
To screen for a list of companies by environmental, social, and governance variables, type EQS and hit the green GO key.
Click on the Fields button. Expand the menu for Fundamentals, then Bloomberg Fundamentals. Click on ESG to see a list of available variables. Choose a variable of interest and input any metrics you'd like to narrow by. Click on Update, then hit 1 and the GO key to see your results.
To see all environmental, social, and governance factors regarding a specific company, type the company's ticker, then hit the yellow EQUITY key, then type FA and hit the green GO key.
For example, to see Exxon Mobil's ESG variables, type
XOM EQUITY FA GO
Once you've opened up this financial analysis page, click on ESG Variables to see a spreadsheet of data.
For a broader menu of Environmental, Social, and Governance data available in Bloomberg, type ESGX and hit the green GO key.
- For the best companies to work for, search ABI/Inform or Business Source Elite:
- fortune in Publication Title/Publication Name
- ("best companies" OR "in good company") in Document Title
("In Good Company" was the 2007 title.)
Chat with a Librarian
Text a Librarian
Text (609) 277-3245 to get live help on your mobile phone (available the same hours as the Chat service)
Email a Librarian
Call a Librarian
Call (609) 258-5964 to speak to a reference librarian during most open hours of the Libraries.